Friday, December 14, 2007

I (Still) Heart Lego

Lego City

Was so ecstatic to see LEGO City exhibition at Senayan City last weekend. It was AWESOOOOMEEE..! I went to the shopping centre on Friday night just to go to Sony Ericsson store -got some problem with the PC Suite. That's all I wanted to do, I didn't think it would take more than an hour. But I found some interesting Christmas decoration on the way, there was this golden minimalist Christmas tree near the valet service and a HUGE Christmas teddy bear. The moment I saw it, I knew I had to take pictures! Aaand when I arrive at the atrium level, there's this enormous-sophisticated-fantastic LEGO City! I had seen the 'Lego City' sign when I was on the escalator, I thought it was just another Lego sale, well maybe with one or two house or Harry Potter Lego sample.. Hell I was wrong, there was a city miniature! With buildings, ships, planes, houses, lots of 'people', elevated train and much much more. I was so amazed. But since I didn't have enough battery on my cellphone that night, I had to go back the next day just to get pictures of the city. :)

It's been a long time since I 'touch' any Lego. The last time was because I had to tidy it up. My cousin played with it & God knows how much I'm scared I'm gonna lose it, especially the small or rare components. My cousin is a boy, thus not fond of tidying & organizing activities, let alone try to avoid throwing my Lego under the sofa -_-. It happens that I prefer to tidy up my Lego myself, because there are certain rules to follow and I don't think anyone will do it exactly as I do, hihi.. :P. I'd been playing it since I was on kindergarten I guess, my first Lego was a Duplo, Lego for toddlers. It consists of bigger block components, bigger minifigures and more colorful parts. Around the age of 6, I used to play Lego Basic, it belongs to my Grandparents, I only played it when I came to their house. I didn't find any complicated parts at that time, it was basically bricks, doors, windows & roofs. The brick was thicker than the ones I have now. The next Lego I own is a part of Legoland subtheme, I just know now that it's actually a part of Town theme. This kind of Lego got more itsy bitsy tiny & diverse parts. The first time I got it, I was awed to see the small brown luggage, those tiny rounded transparent parts, small stairway, broomstick, mop, frying pan, drawer, cupboard, flowers and much more.

After browsing about Lego, I just found out that they have vastly different collections now. I think they're a lot more specific to a certain theme, such as Harry Potter, Castle, Mars Mission, Indiana Jones, etc, while I prefer to have simple buildings such as houses, restaurants and airports. Oh, I used to wish for a gas station Lego, I don't know why.. :D. If I want to buy another Lego, maybe I could consider this Lego City's airport or these Lego. I just found them on the Top Rated Lego, I also saw one of them at the exhibition! Damn, this Lego craze will only add up to my already long wish list.. :P

corner hotel

Anyway, here's some stuff at Lego City that I really like:

rock concert

busway station, transJ, bajaj, Jakarta's traffic jam!

pizza resto!

like houses in Amsterdam

13 comments:

MashiMaro said...

Nux, harganya berapaan?
Tolong tambahkan informasi harga donk.. biar pembaca gak usah nyari2 lagi, hehehe :P

Gw jadi pengen... gw belum pernah punya Lego, hehehe.. ada juga gw main Lego pas di rumah sepupu gw, tapi itupun waktu gw masih kecil :D

Unknown said...

Mm tergantung produknya, makin rumit & makin gede makin mahal. Itu di link yang gue taro ada harganya kook :D. Yang Hotel warna coklat tu US$130, airport US$79 T_T, di S'pore lebih murah ngga ya dari Indo *siul2 lirik ke Ibu*

MashiMaro said...

Waaah... mahal kali yah.. Hahaha..
Cari Lego ah di S'pore..
Tapi, bawa pulangnya berat, nux T_T

MashiMaro said...

Nanti kalo sempat gw cari deh di S'pore.. trus juga kalo lebih murah.. Habis barang2 bawaan gw dah berat sih, Nux, hehehe :P

Unknown said...

hehehe bcanda kok Bu :D. He eh mahal, semurah2nya kayanya ngga bakal murah de :P & emang ngabisin tempat banget. Sayang juga duitnya buat beli itu, mending beli m*c de *wink2*

Anonymous said...

kangen pengen maen lego lagi, huhuhuhu

Unknown said...

Tapi yang sekarang kok gue ngga gitu suka ya :P. Yang gue pengen kaya airport tu ngga ada di toko, trus cafe corner yang ada di foto gue, collector's edition kayanya. Di sini yang kapal2an lego city harganya 1.3jt an, huhuhu...

oline said...

Nuk... Gw juga suka lego hehehe..
Kalau ke mall pasti mampir sebentar ke bagian maenan anak2 dan intip2 Lego lagi diskon kagak (ampe suamiku bilang masa kecil kurang bahagia)..
Sayangnya Lego amat jarang sekali diskon, kalaupun diskon cuma seiprit:((

Unknown said...

beli aja Lin satu, kan bisa buat anak lo ntar :D *cari alasan untuk beli*

Muhammad Fajar Rizqi said...

Hi nooxie!

Gw, terutama kakak cowok gw tergila2 banget sama lego. Tapi bukan yang miniatur kaya gitu, biasanya kakak gw bikin kreasi dia sendiri fokusnya robot sama racing cars.
Kalo punya info tentang perkumpulan penggila lego di Indo kasih tau yah nuk. Kalo mo liat kreasi kakak gw, imel gw aja, nanti gw kirimin. :P

Unknown said...

Halo Fajar..

Wah hebat bener kakak lo :D. Kayanya ada Jar perkumpulannya, pas di SenCi itu ada tulisan Klub Lego Indonesia. Gue nemu ini ni. Posting juga Jar di blog lo ;) eh tapi kok gue ngga bisa liat profile blogger lo yah..?

Muhammad Fajar Rizqi said...

Fajar emang ga punya blog. Ga bisa nulis euy. :P
Thank banget buat infonya nooxie. Kalo mo liat tar fajar kirimin.

Unknown said...

Owhh kirain ada, abis itu link nya ke blogger profile :D. Boleh2 kirim ke nooxie@gmail aja yah Jar, thanks looh.. :)